Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 22:49:45 +0100
From:      Axel Scheepers <axel@axel.truedestiny.net>
To:        freebsd-cluster@freebsd.org
Subject:   mosix lookalike for fBSD ?

Hi,
Recently I experiented with some linux boxes running mosix. I was wondering
if there is a somewhat similar solution for FreeBSD ?
Now I use pvm for some small test things and have to say that it works
pretty well (cross platform etc.) My environnement exists of 3 fBSD boxes,
all pentium class machines and a somewhat better workstation which runs solaris
Intel (Can't afford a 'real' sun ;-)
After looking at mosix I liked the fact that you can dynamically upgrade
in performance by adding nodes without having to change software, which
is imho ideal for a large scale low cost application server for X.
Can anyone point out some starting points of similar projects for FreeBSD ?
I noticed that this list isn't quite busy and so I thought I might ask this
in the wrong list(only tech notes etc..), if so I'm sorry for the inconvience.
Thanks in advance,

--
Axel Scheepers
UNIX System Administrator