Date:      Sun, 28 Jan 2001 12:30:15 -0500
From:      Ted Stein <tstein@seas.upenn.edu>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD on Dell Inspiron 5000

Hi,
	I was wondering if anyone has (or knows of anyone who has) had success
installing and running FreeBSD on a Dell Inspiron 5000. I'll include some of
the specs for informative purposes: PIII-750MHz, 128mb RAM, ATI Rage
Mobility-P, ESS Maestro-2e sound, 3com FEM656T (10/100+56k) PC card. I tried
installing Linux (*gasp*) only because the machines I administer are Linux -
but now I've once again given up on Linux and am going back to BSD. Any help
on this matter would be appreciated. Please reply directly back to me, since
at the moment I am not subscribed to the list.

Many thanks,

Ted Stein
tstein@seas.upenn.edu