Date:      Sun, 21 Oct 2001 19:28:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        jobs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Development-oriented sysadmin available, SF Bay area

I've been coercing computers to do things for folks since around 1970,
in a UNIX environment only since '86, and FreeBSD since '98.  I've done
various levels of programming, and vastly prefer to support developers
or researchers (vs. tending production machines -- though I've certainly
done a fair amount of that).  I keep a mirror of the FreeBSD CVS repository
(synced daily) on my laptop, and use that to track both -STABLE and -CURRENT.

I would like to be in a position where I can contribute back to the
FreeBSD project, even if indirectly.

PostScript & HTML versions of my resume are available at
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/resume.ps &
http://www.catwhisker.org/~david/resume.html, respectively.  (The
PostScript one looks better, IMO.)

As long as I don't need to use or support them myself, I'm quite willing
to work with colleagues who support Microsoft environments.  If that would
be a problem for you, please don't waste yor time or mine.

I live in Redwood City, California; for greater precision, please see the
LOC record for catwhisker.org.

I come with a reasonable library (which I'm willing to share) and
assorted tools (which I'm usually willing to share).  And I bring
in-season fruit, when I have the opportunity (from the back yard or my
in-laws' fruit ranch, depending on circumstances).

Email is likely the optimal way to reach me; that's a technology with
which I'm rather familiar.  :-}

Thanks in advance,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.