Date:      Sun, 6 Jan 2002 23:36:48 -0800
From:      Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@xcllnt.net>
To:        "Andrew R. Reiter" <arr@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SMPng biweekly updates

On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 05:50:46PM -0500, Andrew R. Reiter wrote:

[snip]
> I propose a biweekly mini-email that goes out to -smp that is essentially
> an outline of what's being done, what's being discussed, what needs to be
> done, and any design changes/thoughts.
[snip]
> I am volunteering to do this job...  But, what Im interested in is seeing
> if those out there listening are interested in having this done...
[snip]

Yes. I fail to have time to fully participate, but need to be aware
of SMPng to have SMP support on ia64 make sense. For that I already
need to invest a lot of energy (new ground), and if I progress/learn
less quickly than SMPng can change the world around me, I'll probably
not catch up anytime soon.

I don't think it's crucial for me to have the mini-email, but it'll
probably help me to more quickly reach a point where implementing
stops being a catch-up activity and instead becomes staying in sync
or hopefully even ahead...