Date:      Wed, 12 Nov 2003 13:48:34 -0500
From:      "Bryce Nesbitt (spam account)" <bryce1@obviously.com>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ville_Skytt=E4?= <scop@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Patch to cvsweb?

I am working with CVS HEAD.
My modified version is at:
    http://www.obviously.com/test/cvsweb.cgi/MassGIS/

I implemented an external diff utility.  In this case, it
compares binary application files stored inside a .zip archive.

What I found in the process was a lot of hassle with the
mime types.  Several places the $mimetype does not match
the current file. The moment I added:

    %MTYPES = (
        "gif"   => "image/gif",
        "zip"   -> "application/zup",
       );

cvsweb wanted to display compressed .zip files "as text".
Give it a try, this is easy to reproduce.

Some files are inherently "viewable" in a web browser, and some have to
be downloaded to be useful.  With CVS HEAD that distinction is a bit
confusing both for the user, and in the code base.

             -Bryce