Date:      Wed, 22 Jan 2003 08:44:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug Barton <DougB@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-i18n@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Change to pine4 port

Folks,

In the distant past, a patch was committed to the mail/pine4 port so that
octal \377 was no longer considered a "special character" by Pine, since
that character is valid in several language sets, including Russian. I've
been communicating with the Pine authors about various things related to
our port, including this patch, and their feeling is that it's no longer
necessary because they are currently handling the tag embedding issue in a
slightly different way.

Can those of you who use a character set that has o\377 as a valid
character please give the current version of the pine4 port a try (should
be Pine 4.53), and let me know how it goes? If the current version doesn't
work, we have some ideas on how to proceed, but we're really hoping this
problem is fixed in the current code.

Thanks,

Doug

--
   "We have known freedom's price. We have shown freedom's power.
      And in this great conflict, ...  we will see freedom's victory."
          State of the Union, January 28, 2002

         Do YOU Yahoo!?