Date:      Sun, 22 Jun 2003 00:49:06 +0200
From:      "Vahe Khachikyan" <vahe@khachikyan.de>
To:        <freebsd-i18n@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   BUG in collate routines?!(Moved from hackers)

Hi ,

Ruslan thank you for your answer.

Your forwarded test program works correctly.

Sorry for missleading information I think my problem was with the sort which
does strange sorting ...

The sort version is probably quite old
-------------
/* $FreeBSD: src/gnu/usr.bin/sort/sort.c,v 1.15.2.4 2002/04/17 11:41:42 ache
Exp $ */
---------------
os version  FreeBSD 4.8-RC it does the same on Alpha and on x386 platforms
with 4.8-RC
and just one week old 4.8 -stable.

I assume that the sort have no clue of ligatures or comparision of strings
with ligatures

Assumpsion of sort being an old version based on fact that , sort under
Linux works correctly.

--
Vahe Khachikyan
---