Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 2004 10:57:50 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Barry Bouwsma <freebsd-misuser@remove-NOSPAM-to-reply.NOSPAM.dyndns.dk>
To:        FreeBSD Firewire Developers <freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org>
Subject:   orb pointer printf() question

[drop the above ipv6-only address that only sometimes works from the
 recipients and I'll catch up later from the archives, thanks]

Moin, moin.

A quick question, concerning the following code:

        if ((sdev->flags & ORB_POINTER_ACTIVE) != 0) {
SBP_DEBUG(0)
                printf("%s: orb pointer active\n", __func__);
END_DEBUG
                sdev->flags |= ORB_POINTER_NEED;
                return;
        }

This is in the sbp.c code from the time of 4.10, which is what I've
used on my machine with a hard drive attached via firewire.

It seems to be working just fine, with the only thing being that
the above printf() makes it to the kernel messages a few times
each minute during disk activity.

Is this something for me to concern myself over?  What does it
mean?

If it's harmless, would it be better to change the above SBP_DEBUG
to be DEBUG(1) instead of (0) so as not to print at the default
level of debugging, or is it better to log it as is?

thanks
barry bouwsma