Date:      Sun, 15 Aug 2004 14:19:30 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Alex <raindogs_1@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   trouble mounting iPod on Freebsd 4.8

In trying to mount my iPod I've run into a few
problems that I belive are due to some incorrect
firewire settings, although I'm not quite sure how to
correct them. I'm running Freebsd 4.8 and get the
following message from what I believe to be the
relevant portions of "dmesg":

# dmesg | grep firewire
can't re-use a leaf (firewire_debug)!
module_register: module fwohci/firewire already
exists!
linker_file_sysinit "firewire.ko" failed to register!
17
module_register: module firewire/sbp already exists!

# dmesg | grep iPod
umass0: Apple iPod, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2
umass0: Apple iPod, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2
umass0: Apple iPod, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2
umass0: Apple iPod, rev 2.00/0.01, addr 2

Any help on this or pointers to some relevant
documentation would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex