Date:      Sun, 14 Mar 2004 12:38:54 +0300
From:      Dmitry <v_dm@mail.ru>
To:        freebsd-i386@freebsd.org
Subject:   Burncd crash

------------p6hkHatGTMdghOjKNq7EdG

	Hi all.
I have a nasty problem.
Then I try to burn a media on my atapi cdrw i get the following:

$ burncd blank									// Everything is OK
$ burncd data someImage fixate

acd0: unknown transfer phase
acd0: FAILTURE - ATAPI_IDENTIFY no interrupt
acd0: timeout sending command = a1
acd0: error issueing PIO command

fault virtual address = 0x6a
fault code = supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer = 0x8:0xc043217e
stack pointer = 0x10:0xd865fc0c
frame pointer = 0x10:0xd865fc0c
code segment = base 0x0, limit 0fffff, type 0x16
	DPL 0, pres 1, def 32, gran 1
processor efalgs = interrupt enabled, OIPL = 0
current process = 5(task queue)
kernel: type 12 trap, code = 0
stopped at ata_pmode +0x6: testb $0x2, 0x6a(%edx)
db>

I transcribed the above message after cvsupping and installing of FreeBSD
current at 13.03.2004
but roughly the same ones were generated earlier in 5.2.
In FreeBSD 4.9 i got some messages about inappropriate IOCTLs
(don't remember exactly) while fixating, but system survived them and
burned medium was readable.

I have the machine with
Celeron 2.3 GHz, Gigabyte GA-8PE667 motherboard, 512mb DDR266 RAM,
Mitsumi CD-RW burner (48x/24x/48x) - probed as acd0:CDRW <CR-48XETE> at
ata1 master UDMA33

I've attached output of dmesg.

Please tell me what's wrong.
I've tired booting Windows and using Nero when i need to burn something.

	Dmitry

------------p6hkHatGTMdghOjKNq7EdG--