Date:      Sat,  9 Jul 2005 20:50:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Glenn Sieb <ges+lists@wingfoot.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/83210: courier-authlib port overwrites my authdaemonrc file.

>Number:         83210
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       courier-authlib port overwrites my authdaemonrc file.
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
	If you have /usr/ports/security/courier-authlib/ installed,
	and go to update it, or have to re-compile for any reason,
	it always overwrites your /usr/local/etc/authlib/authdaemonrc
	file. I have gotten to the point where I keep a diff (of
	both authdaemonrc and authmysqlrc to be safe), and just
	always re-patch the authdaemonrc file after every upgrade.
	I'd think the correct behaviour would be to keep the existing
	one, and overwrite the .dist version of the file, or .orig,
	depending on how you prefer to do things.
>How-To-Repeat:
	cd /usr/ports/security/courier-authlib && make clean &&
	make install && make clean for instance or portupgrade -rR
	courier-authlib
>Fix:
	Just don't overwrite existing configuration files, would
	be my suggestion? :-)