Date:      Mon, 23 May 2005 08:00:11 +0200
From:      Gerhard Schmidt <estartu@augusta.de>
To:        freebsd-python@freebsd.org
Subject:   Upcoming zope release 2.8

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

Hi,=20

The zope comunity is up to release a new version of Zope. The problem is=20
that there are some api changes that prevent some zope applications (e.g.=
=20
plone 2.0.5) from running on zope 2.8. Plone 2.1 should fix this. Till=20
than we have to maintain two sepearate zope ports.=20

We have two ways of doing this.=20

1. We start a new www/zope28 port right now with zope2.8b2 and continue=20
zope2.7 as www/zope until all major zope appication are migrated to 2.8.=20
Than we move www/zope to www/zope27. www/zope28 stays as it is.=20

2. We wait until zope28 is released (sheduled for June 11th). than we=20
copy www/zope to www/zope27 and update www/zope to version2.8=20

I prefere method one, because it opens up the way for a zope3 port as well=
=20
and means less work for maintainer of zope-based ports. They can move there
ports to 2.8 as there applications are ready.=20

Bye
	Estartu=20

Gerhard Schmidt    | Nick : estartu      IRC : Estartu  |
Fischbachweg 3     |                                    |  PGP Public Key
86856 Hiltenfingen | Privat: estartu@augusta.de         |   auf Anfrage/
Germany            |                                    |    on request

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--