Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 2009 23:30:25 -0700
From:      Pramod Srinivasan <pramod@juniper.net>
To:        "freebsd-smp@freebsd.org" <freebsd-smp@freebsd.org>
Subject:   LOCK_PROFILING

Hi Folks,

I have a difficult problem I am stuck with,  we had ported LOCK_PROFILING t=
FreeBSD 6.1 and is working fine on mips, but fails miserably on i386.

Just enabling lock profiling by the sysctl causes the cpu to reset.

root@bcdcpu3% sysctl debug.lock.prof.enable=3D1
debug.lock.pr?  << cpu resets here

Has any one seen similar issues? Any pointers on where to start debugging
this issue?

The suspicion is that the spin-lock is perhaps contributing to the problem,
but have not been able to get to the bottom.

Thanks,
Pramod