Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 2014 09:22:05 +0100
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hps@bitfrost.no>
To:        freebsd-jobs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Looking for work

Hi,

The company where I'm working currently is facing a hard time in Norway
getting embedded assignments in the area where I live. I've decided to
try and see if there are some remote working possibilities available,
where I can work from home or small office in Norway, preferably having
the possibility to contribute directly to OpenSource projects like
FreeBSD as part of the job.

My FreeBSD competence is very diverse. The last few years I've been
contributing a lot to the FreeBSD USB stack, I've ported a bunch of
Linux drivers to FreeBSD and I even have my own FreeBSD ISDN stack. You
can for example search Google for "Hans Petter Selasky" to find out some
of my projects.

== Areas of competence ==

- C programming language (Total expert)
- C++ programming language (Starting to learn)
- QT 4/5 (Pretty good, multiple platforms)
- FreeBSD Kernel development (A lot of C-coding, 700-800 commits)
- Linux Kernel development (After porting Linux drivers to FreeBSD I
know a lot about Linux kernel internals too)
- USB (Total expert, protocols, host, device, encoding, testing and bug
fixing)
- ISDN (protocols, encoding, Asterisk, chan_capi)
- Signal Processing (DSP algorithms, DTMF, Echo Cancelling)
- Binary mathematics (I've got a formula printed in Knut's book, the Art
of Computer programming latest edition)
- Piano (Interested in music playing, see "Midi Player Pro" software in
ports)

== CV ==

- Available by request.

== Type of work I'm interested in ==

- Consultancy/Team work (remote)
- Full employment in Norway (Southern parts of Norway, around Kristiansand)

--HPS, Grimstad, Norway