Date:      Sun, 18 Jan 2015 13:11:15 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h.schmalzbauer@omnilan.de>
To:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sonewconn: pcb =?UTF-8?B?MHjigKY6IExpc3RlbiBxdWV1ZSBvdmVyZmxvdyBb?= =?UTF-8?B?V2FzOiBSZTogbGFnZyg4KSBjYXVzZXMgZ2hvc3QgcXVldWUgd2l0aCBpZ2IoNCk=?= =?UTF-8?B?XQ==?=

--------------enigDB21CC374DF34460FAA42599

 Bez=C3=BCglich Harald Schmalzbauer's Nachricht vom 16.01.2015 20:12
(localtime):
>  Hi all,
>
> while investigating a watchdog timeout problem (on FreeBSD-10.1-stable
> r276295) I noticed "ghost" queues consuming interrupts with
> igb(4)[82576] if igb(4) is member of lagg(4) (laggproto loadbalance
> lagghash l2). Mysteriously only sometimes (1 of 2 runs).
>
> Sending machine has only one ssh session open, where I do the following=
:
> 'dd if=3D/dev/zero | nc vegashare 3333' (of course on vegashare is a
> listener [nc -l vegashare 3333 > /dev/null])
>
> I'm transfering 123.5*10^6 Bytes/sec and on the sender, systat reports:=

> 2682 igb0:que 0 (1 of 4 queues causes moderate irq load hw.igb.aim=3D1,=

> otherhise it were 16k irqs/s, nothing on the other 3 queues)
>
> But roughly every second run, I see a another queue consuming much more=

> irqs/s while transferring exactly the same at exactly the same speed:
> 7740 igb0:que 0
> 2640 igb0:que 3
>
> Here's again one queue with 2.6k irqs/s, but another one with 7.7k
> irqs/s which I can't understand what this is doing. It's useless for
> sure, because with only one queue I get the same payload transported on=

> the same hardware with the same speed and 3 queues idle=E2=80=A6

I noticed another mysterium, at least for me. I'd highly appreciate if
somebody could give me a hint how I can understand the following lines

sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff801b85907a8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already in
queue awaiting acceptance (1 occurrences)
sonewconn: pcb 0xfffff801b85907a8: Listen queue overflow: 151 already in
queue awaiting acceptance (220 occurrences)

I have never seen them before and I guess it's related to my other queue
mysterium.
They occured not during tests, so not during artificial (high) load, but
regular low avarage load.

Thanks in advance,

-Harry