Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 2019 23:14:57 -0300
From:      lists@cyclaero.com
To:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   BeagleBone Black Power Button Pin P9_09, issue with DTS 5.x

I finished a project with the BeagleBone Black running FreeBSD =
13.0-CURRENT #0 r350899M: Mon Aug 12 11:40:06 -03 2019. Once I mounted =
it into the closure and connected the external power button to P9_09 and =
ground (P9_01), the BBB freezes instantly and completely when the power =
button is pressed. =46rom this I could only recover by pulling the 5 V =
plug.=20

I build the very same kernel after only replacing the DTS 5.1 with the =
DTS 4.2, using the following command sequence:

   cd src/sys/gnu/dts
   mv arm arm-5.1
   svn checkout -r 346091 =
https://svn.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/gnu/dts/arm arm-4.2
   ln -s arm-4.2 arm
   cd ../../..
  =20
   make -j4 buildkernel TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv7 KERNCONF=3DCyControl
   mount -o noatime /dev/ufs/SYSTEM /back
   sudo -E make installkernel TARGET_ARCH=3Darmv7 KERNCONF=3DCyControl =
DESTDIR=3D/back
   mount_msdosfs -o noatime /dev/da0s1 /mnt
   rm -r /mnt/dtb
   cp -r /back/boot/dtb/ /mnt/dtb
   umount /mnt
   umount /back

Afterwards, the power button works as expected.

My projects with the BBB are finished, and I don=E2=80=99t ask for =
fixing this. I only wanted to report the issue. In case you need an =
external power button with the BBB then you want to avoid DTS 5.x.

Best regards

Rolf=