Date:      Sun, 17 Dec 100 00:01:07 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Graichen <graichen@omega.physik.fu-berlin.de>
To:        boot@mosquito.com (Bruce Bauman)
Cc:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SMTP problems

> I run a small ISP, and one of my customers is having problems sending mail. He's using one of
> those all-in-one Internet packages from Quarterdeck.
>
> Anyway, in my maillog file, I get messages of the form:
>

> Dec 16 10:20:01 itchy sendmail[26735]: collect: unexpected close on connection from dial11.mosquito.com, sender=<gfoerste@mosquito.com>: Error 0
>
> followed by what looks like a queued 5 byte mail message.
>
> None of my customers using Eudora are having this problem.
>
> Any suggestions? Is the problem on my end or his?

i get the same errors sometimes receiving the mails from the freebsd
mailinglists on a dec alpha running osf^H^H^Hdigital unix

                                                   __||
  Perfection is reached, not when there is no  __||     thomas graichen
  longer anything to add, but when there   __||    freie universitaet berlin
  is no longer anything to take away   __||           fachbereich physik
                                   __||
  - Antoine de Saint-Exupery - __||        graichen@mail.physik.fu-berlin.de