Date:      Sun, 7 May 1995 20:46:17 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Dominic Gregoire <Dominic_Gregoire@LLC.org>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   tmc8xx driver from 2.0

I think i'll hit the right place with this.

I've been trying for a few days to make freebsd2-0 works with a TMC-830
8bit scsi adaptor, using i386/isa/seagate.c. So far i've been able to
make autodetect works, it also detects all the present devices, and i'm
able to read/write to them. All i had to do was to add a signature to
seagate.c and recompile (The bios version on it is 4.0L, 5.0C was the
oldest in the sources).

The problem is, it timeouts ALOT, and eventually panics and crash. I
tried everything i could think of, like the fix for tmc840 adaptor
(flipping defs for STAT_MSG and STAT_CD and forcing seagate type), i
played around a lot with scsi terminators, and on and on.

Maybe someone here had the same level of troubles with a tmc-830, and
could help me. Maybe someone with scsi experience can tell me "It could
work if you do xxx", or "Just ditch it", whatever.

Just any enlightement will do :)

--
Dominic_Gregoire@LLC.org :