Date:      Tue, 11 Jul 1995 20:50:29 +1000
From:      Stephen Hocking <sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au>
To:        dufault@hda.com
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Determining the sector size of a SCSI device in FreeBSD

Peter, do you know if there's a quick way to determine the transfer size of a
SCSI device under FreeBSD? The reason I want to know is so I can adapt the
existing seagate.c to do transfers without phase checking. The old (2.0R)
driver had the facility to do this, and as result it was more than two times
quicker off a given device than what I'm seeing now.

	Stephen

        I do not speak for the Worker's Compensation Board of Queensland -
                     They don't pay me enough for that!