Date:      Sun, 2 Jun 1996 16:47:40 +0900
From:      hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp (HOSOKAWA Tatsumi)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org, mobile@freebsd.org, hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Laptop hardware FOUND

In article <199606020539.PAA26867@genesis.atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au writes:

>> # apmconf -e
>> Unknown Original APM event 0x10
>> Unknown Original APM event 0xf
>> Unknown Original APM Event 0xe
>> Unknown Original APM Event 0xd

According to APM 1.1 spec., event code 0x000c to 0x00ff is reserved
for future extention of system events.  So, this region can't be used
for vendor-specific extention.  0x0200 to 0x02ff is "OEM-defined APM
events".

>> # zzz
>> (beep, screen blanks, beep, screen comes back)
>> resumed from suspended mode (slept 00:00:02)
>>
>> (close cover, system beeps and suspends correctly)
>> (open cover, system wakes up OK)
>> # apm
>> (kernel traps)

I want to know the result of following two tests.

1. Probe message of APM driver when you #define APM_DEBUG in apm.c

2. Result of apmconf and apm when you add "options FORCE_APM10" in
   your kernel config file.

--
	HOSOKAWA, Tatsumi              E-mail: hosokawa@mt.cs.keio.ac.jp
	  WWW homepage: http://www.mt.cs.keio.ac.jp/person/hosokawa.html