Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 1996 18:52:34 -0500
From:      rkw@dataplex.net (Richard Wackerbarth)
To:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>
Cc:        hubs@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvsup question, src/tools not updated, make release trouble

>> b) When getting cvs via cvsup I dont get the tools directory ... Why ?
>
>It's not a CVSup problem.  It's because the mirror site you're using
>hasn't updated his sup configuration files recently.

Which brings me back to a previous suggestion.
I think that we should standardize the location of the trees being "supped".
I suggest that they follow the general form of freefall and put them in
/pub/FreeBSD/FreeBSD-current, etc.

If we do that, then the mirror sites can have a special distribution that
just gives them the appropriate sup control files. If the master site
changes the sup structure, the mirror sites would soon follow suit.