Date:      Sun, 7 Apr 1996 13:06:37 -0400
From:      "Edward J. Sweeney" <ccfi@gate.net>
To:        "'stable@freebsd.org'" <stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   BT: UNIT NUMBER (1) TOO HIGH

I'm running a Pentium 133 on a BT946C with a Connor CFP2107S 2.14GB SCSI =
HD. =20

The last stable I successfully sup'd and booted was at the beginning of =
Feb, and the 2.1 distribution worked fine.  The stable branch is now a =
problem for my machine.

The booting process freezes at "CHANGING ROOT DEVICE TO SDA0".

Watching the messages, the first sign of trouble is: "BT: UNIT NUMBER =
(1) TOO HIGH".

I'll try to document the problem better, but for now, any ideas?  =
THANKS.