Date:      Thu, 4 Dec 1997 18:49:17 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        freebsd-announce

	Three new mailing lists are now available:

		FreeBSD-AFS
		FreeBSD-ISDN
		FreeBSD-Java

	FreeBSD-AFS: porting AFS to FreeBSD

	FreeBSD-ISDN: this list was previously hosted by muc.ditec.de
		and has now been moved to FreeBSD.org.

	FreeBSD-Java: porting the JDK and JVM to FreeBSD

	These three lists, and the freebsd-chat mailing list, are also
	the first to introduce our new subscription policy.  When you
	send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org asking to be subscribed to
	one of these lists, you will receive a confirmation request message
	via email.  This confirmation request message contains a
	"magic" string which you must send back to majordomo@FreeBSD.org.
	The "magic" string will look like this:

		auth 23dea87da subscribe freebsd-isdn jmb@freebsd.org

	After you email the "magic" string to majordomo@FreeBSD.org,
	you will be sent an email message confirming that your new
	subscription has been approved.  This is unfortunately all
	necessary as part of our anti-spam measures, and we regret
	the additional inconvenience.

	NOTE: Please be sure to read the charters before subscribing or
	sending mail to any FreeBSD mailing list for an explanation of which
	topics are relevant for a given list and what types of postings are
	and are not allowed.  They may be found at:

	http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/eresources:charters.html

	If you experience any problems using the FreeBSD mailing lists,
	please contact me at postmaster@FreeBSD.org.

jmb
--
Jonathan M. Bresler      FreeBSD Core Team, Postmaster       jmb@FreeBSD.ORG