Date:      Sun, 11 May 1997 00:54:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Jon Moldenhauer <jpm@almond.elite.net>
To:        ortmann@sparc.isl.net (Daniel Ortmann)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: "java" bytecode working in -current?

> Two quick questions:
> 1) Is anyone able to run kaffe on 3.0-current?

I have an older vesion of 3.0-current on which kaffe runs just fine
(my 3.0-current was built 2 or 3 days before the Lite-2 merge).

> 2) May I expect serious stability difficulties with "java" on -current?

My experience has been generally good, but if you have problems then
you could try running the java programs under Netscape or try using
kaffe in interpreter only mode (disable the just-in-time compiler).

Jonathon
jpm@elite.net