Date:      Wed, 26 Feb 1997 11:02:17 +0100
From:      regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk (Philippe Regnauld)
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   APM and suspend vs. freeze

Hi,

	I'm running 2.2-G with the 970210-PAO on a 950 Acer (P75,
	24Mb/810Mb).

	I seem to remember that the oldish apm included in the non-apm
	sys files supported 'freeze' -> i.e. halt cpu, disk, screen, and
	keep power to the RAM -- the power led then blinks.  This was
	activated with the Zz button above the keyboard.

	After installing PAO (and having looked through the sources), it
	seems that only SUSPEND is enabled, whether I use apm -z/zzz
	or the panel button.

	Is freeze broken ?  Is there a way to (re)-enable it ?

	PS: I am not subscribed to -mobile.

--
							-- Phil

-[ Philippe Regnauld   /   Systems Administrator   /    regnauld@prosa.dk ]-