Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 1997 21:46:19 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail & the roving laptop

According to Kent Hauser:
> 1) sendmail refuses to *not* do a dns lookup even when the "no dns" option
>    is specified. While my laptop nameserver has all of the local records,
>    it can't do a real lookup while travelling.
>
>     This causes sendmail to hang & not send the mail.

Use FEATURE(nocanonify). nodns is not doing anything useful now.

> 2) all mail is either locally delivered or queued. If mail to a
>    co-worker is queued for uucp xmission, then my mail is also queued.
>    If mail to me is locally delivered, then co-worker mail is also &
>    bounces.

What about sending your sendmail config file (.mc) either to the list
(although it is not really appropriate) or to me directly ?
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
   FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #41: Sun Mar 23 23:01:22 CET 1997