Date:      Sun, 13 Jul 1997 10:59:41 +0100
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@lix.intercom.es>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        phce@image.dk
Subject:   Re: FA summer camp: Bootmanager IDE/SCSI

At 19:41 12/07/97 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello experts
>
>I have a PC with an 200MB IDE disk. The IDE disk has an OS/2 bootmanager
>that can switch between two partitions. I would like to keep the 3.11
>partition but I added a SCSI disk and a 1542 controller so that the
>complete 2.2.2 could be installed. All the BSD is now on the SCSI disk. Any
>good suggestions of how to use use the bootmanager? Should I install a boot
>mgr. on both disks?
>
>Regards Niels

   I have a similar setup, with OS/2 boot manager, W95 (not for long I hope )
and FreeBSD on the first SCSI disk, and FreeBSD 2.2.1 on the second one, also
SCSI. OS/2 b.m. would not let me add to its list any slice on the second hard
disk (?), so I resorted to installing _FreeBSD_ boot manager on both disks and
at least for me it works.

                                                      Manolo