Date:      Sun, 26 Jul 1998 02:10:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Surplus 2.2.6 CDs available for promotional purposes.

My secret spy satellite informs me that on 23-Jul-98, Jordan K. Hubbard
wrote:
> [...2.2.6 CD's available...]

This is a godsend!  :)  I've been doing some advocacy work, and making my
own FreeBSD CD's... but even with cheap computer-show CD-R media, this is
still a fairly significant expense (not to mention a lot of work and tying
up my machine :) )  There are some big-time advocacy projects that I would
like to initiate, but could not do that until now (because of the above
issues).  With these CD's, I'd have all the ammunition I need to go in
fighting.

Anyway, here's the info you asked for:

1.  100 CD's should cover my needs.
2.  If you will be mailing by U.S. Postal mail, please use Address #1, as
this is the address I receive mail at.  But if you will be using UPS,
FedEx, etc., please use Address #2, since P.O. Boxes do not accept
non-USPS deliveries.

Address #1:
Donald Burr
P.O. Box 91212
Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212

Address #2:
Donald Burr
1610 De La Vina St., #8
Santa Barbara, CA 93101

3.  Here's how i plan on using these.
    a.  In the near future (the actual date is still being worked out),
I'll be doing a demonstration to our PC User's Group, on FreeBSD.  Having
some *free* CD's to hand out at the show (plus information flyers that
I'll be slapping together) would be real nice.
    b.  I'll also be doing a presentation to my school's Computer Club, on
the same subject.
    c.  Our school currently uses Linux for its "intro to UNIX" class.  I
would like to remedy this. :)  To wit, I'd like to hand out copies to the
instructors, department heads, maybe some students, and I'll probably end
up doing a demonstration for the school bigwigs.
    d.  My friend owns a computer store (one of those "mom and pop" type
outfits), that handles a LOT of "big business" clients (local universities,
corporations, etc.).  I've pitched the idea to him to hold an "in-service"
of sorts, that their clients can attend, to basically "sell" them on
using FreeBSD for their needs, and he expressed interest in doing this.
Naturally, I'll be running the show. :)  Again, being able to hand them a
CD, with information sheet, and saying "here, give it a try on your home
system, etc." would be a good thing.
    e.  I'm sure I could think of more uses/advocacy projects, and I
probably have, but I can't recall them at the moment...

I solemnly swear that I will *not* sell any of these CD's.

Thanks to you, and to FreeBSD!
---
Donald Burr <dburr@pobox.com> *NEW EMAIL ADDRESS!*      | PGP: Your
WWW HomePage: http://DonaldBurr.base.org/  ICQ #1347455 | right to
Address: P.O. Box 91212, Santa Barbara, CA 93190-1212   | 'Net privacy.
Phone: (805) 957-9666    FAX: (800) 492-5954            | USE IT.