Date:      Tue, 14 Jul 1998 14:02:03 -0400
From:      "Matthew R. Briggs" <mbriggs@switchboard.net>
To:        Dusk Auriel Sykotik <syko@sykotik.org>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: alpha support

[forwarded to freebsd-alpha as well as current]

Dusk Auriel Sykotik wrote:

> I was wondering if -CURRENT supported the alpha platform, and if not when
> does it expect to be supported?  Right now the only options presented to
> me for alphas are redhat linux (ugh) and digiunix (too much money).  I
> would prefer to run FreeBSD, since its running on the other server now,
> and its run very well for me, and I've really enjoyed working with it.
> Thanks.
>
> /*
>  *   Matt Harris                   +++   Syko
>  *   BPSOFH, BIOFH, C, SQL, PERL   +++   http://starix.technonet.net/~syko/
>  *   FreeBSD SysAdmin              +++   apocalypse.sykotik.org
>  */

Hello,
	I'd be interested to know this as well.  I just bought an AS200 from
Onsale, and finally got OpenBSD running on it after fighting with Debian
Linux for three days (I hate the ARC console...arrgh).  I like FreeBSD
better, though.  How is the port coming along, and what can be done to
help?

Matt Briggs
mbriggs@switchboard.net