Date:      Thu, 01 Jan 1998 09:41:42 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        freebsd-config@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Romeo & Juliet?

Mike Smith wrote:
> Sounds pretty reasonable.  If there's a neat drop-in point, that should
> be relatively trivial.

There will be, once I get the variable parser done.  On order for the
variable parser to do any reasonable work, I need to get a feel for how
Juliet handles configuration items; it's kind of a chicken-and-egg siutation.

> > So, at this point, do you have any documentation for Juliet?  Other than
> > the code?  If not, is the code in suitable shape to start looking at it?
>
> Nothing documentation-wise that's ready for public consumption, I fear.
> I thought I had actually got around to documenting the current state of
> play, but it looks otherwise.
>
> You might want to look at my last postings to the -config list, as there
> is a good chance that one of the last postings I made there covered the
> current state of play with Juliet fairly well.

Will do.  I've subscribed to -config, and (obviously) copied this message
to it, so we'll start getting archival of these messages.

> > I'm afraid I've already slipped past any ability to get this into the 3.0
> > release, but I do want to make progress on it.
>
> We'll see.  Regardless of deadlines, progress would be highly desirable.

Yeah.  That's kind of what I thought, too.

> Juliet in its current glory is available at
> ftp://ftp.gsoft.com.au/misc/juliet.tar.gz

I'll go get it now.  Oops, it was here before I could finish typing.  20K!
Amazing!  ;^)

[Discussion of holidays elided for brevity.  Suffice it to say that 11 days
off, in a row, can be very nice.]

> > Let me know what to do about Juliet.  I'll keep you posted on progress in
> > the server.  I'm doing some construction in my basement in between hacking
> > sessions, so this is quite a productive holiday for me.
>
> For now, get Juliet.  Try reading the source; it's not large.  Most
> importantly, pester me about it.  Post to the -config list, so that our
> discussions get archived for reference too.

Roger Wilco.  I hope to have some semi-intelligent questions soon.  Or perhaps
I won't have any; your code may be so obvious I don't need to ask questions.  ;^)

http://www.xmission.com/~softweyr                 softweyr@xmission.com