Date:      Sun, 5 Apr 1998 08:12:20 -0500 (CDT)
From:      dannyman <dannyman@arh0300.urh.uiuc.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        dannyman@arh0300.urh.uiuc.edu, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   usleep is hosed, timezone problems in current

>Submitter-Id:   current-users
>Originator:     dannyman
>Synopsis:       problems with usleep and adjkerntz
>Severity:       serious
>Category:       i386
>Release:        FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT i386
>Class:          sw-bug
>Environment:

FreeBSD arh0300.urh.uiuc.edu 3.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 3.0-CURRENT #8: Sun Apr  5 01:22:12 CST 1998     dannyman@arh0300.urh.uiuc.edu:/newhome/src/sys/compile/STUMPY  i386

just did a make buildowld ; make installworld on CVSup run at 0430h
saturday morning localtime. :)

usleep is not returning proper return codes.  even when it works just fine,
it returns -1 consistently, and appears to set errno at whimsy (i've gotten
35 and 2) ...

also, I appear to be on what I guess to be UTC ... i tried to reset my tz
with tzsetup ... no avail ... I ran ntpdate and things were corrected,
after my X display went blank for awhile.  awhile later the screen went
blank for a few seconds again and I'm back now ... well, should be 0309h
CDT (just should have shifted from CST 0209h ...) 5 April ... date says;
Sun Apr  5 08:10:13 CDT 1998

UTC afaik :)

>How-To-Repeat:

#include <unistd.h>
#include <errno.h>

main() {
	extern int errno;

	printf("usleep return: %d\n", usleep(1));
	printf("errno: %d\n", errno);
	}

I had a program that was running while(!usleep(val)) and is currently
kludged to while(usleep(val)) just fine ...