Date:      Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:37:30 +0200
From:      Robert Lindgren <robert@teledigit.se>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-database@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Oracle on FreeBSD

I have a probelm.

I have tried to make sqlplus and compiled pro-c program to run on my
FreeBSD machine. I have an old version of SCO ,3.2v4.2 Openserver 3.0,
and I have Oracle 7.2.2 on it. I copied the hole oracle home directory
to my BSD machine and started the sco emulation. I created the oracle
user. When i try to star sqlplus i get a message that says Abort trap. I
also tryed to set semaphores and sys V shared memory to higher values. I
the oracle distribution the is a program that tests the environment
that's called tstshm, when I run it it produses the following:

Number of segments gotten by shmget() = 19
Number of segments attached by shmat() = 19
Segments attach at higher addresses
Maximum size segments are not attached contiguously!
  Segment separation = 2097152 bytes
Default shared memory address = 0x21001000
Lowest shared memory address  = 0x21001000
Highest shared memory address = 0xefa01000
Total shared memory range     = -826277888
Total shared memory attached  = 39845888
Largest single segment size   =  2097152
Segment boundaries (SHMLBA)   =  4194304 (0x400000)

Is there anybody who knows what my problem is in this case?

Is so please mail me.

Best regards Robert Lindgren