Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 11:18:19 +0100 (MET)
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   abuse of FreeBSD machine as Mail relay - spam protection etc.

Today I received a note that our university's central
network administration is planning to barr port 25 to the outside world
and only allow a few (of the thousands of machines) will be allowed
to receive direct mail.

This is because frequent abuse of machine for spamming and mail relaying
purposes has occured in the recent past.

Only those hosts which can prove protection against illegal Mail relaying
will obtain allowance to continue receiving mail individually.

Now my question:

Is FreeBSD 2.2.5 and -current protected to that kinf of abuse and
how can I prove it to them?