Date:      Sun, 24 May 1998 17:18:28 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        Donald Burr <dburr@POBoxes.com>
Cc:        hosokawa@jp.FreeBSD.org, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: support for Linksys EC2T in PAO 2.2.6 bootdisk?

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Donald Burr wrote:

> I own a Linksys EthernetCard EC2T PCMCIA network card.  This card is
> listed as a supported card, however I was not able to get the 2.2.5 PAO
> disk to recognize it.  According to the mailing list, Linksys changed its
> ID string (the CIS tuples?) -- which means that, even though the card was
> the same, the driver was not recognizing the new name.

Could you do a

	pccardc dumpcis | more

and either email me/us the results, or check carefully check the line with
the vendor string. And compare this with the line in your pccard.conf file
in the /etc directory. I am fairly sure I have the same card, and it works
for me :-) with the contributed settings in the file.

One problem though; occasionally (after running W95) I _must_ switch off
my laptop prior to going into BSD< as W95 does something to the card or
pcmci contriollor which causes all cards to show up with an empty string.

You've tried a complete cold start I assume ?
Dw.