Date:      Sun, 28 Jun 1998 20:42:16 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        adrian@ubergeeks.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: anyone still using GUS MAX's?

In article <6n0hf9$a4s$1@al.imforei.apana.org.au> you wrote:

> 	Still no go.  Has anyone been using the MAX under 2.2.6 instead of
> -current?  I think I may just throw in a SB16 for the next few months.

> 	The GUS support under 2.2.6 looks like it has problems.  In any
> case, as I read the code, the isa_dmastart message is going to happen 100%
> of the time whether things are working or not.  isa_dmaacquire is never
> called.

 I've just spent the last week or so throwing my hands up at this prob..

 I installed OSS for FreeBSD and the x11amp version worked great.. but
 these little spontaneous reboots worried me.. so i dumped that since i'm
 used to my system never going down unless i'm shutting it down!

 So i went back to the voxware stuff.. (pcm does _not_ work with non-pnp
 gus's btw)

 My GUS MAX is working under 2.2-stable (as of a few days ago) but the
 console fills up with
   isa_dmastart: channel 1 not acquired
   isa_dmastart: channel 1 not acquired
   isa_dmastart: channel 1 busy
  [repeated about 10000000 times...]
 when playing mp3 files with splay, amp, or mpg123.  i have no problems
 with mods/s3m's with s3mod or midi's with playmidi...

 I've just commented out these two lines as they don't "appear" to effect
 anything, apart from giving syslog a headache (and xconsole).

 Looking at the cvs tree isa.c had some changes from 1.74.2.4->5 that
 was a "sound bugfix to isa.c"...

 I'm building a 2.2.0-RELEASE kernel now and i'll see if something along
 the way broke something....

 Peter

--
 Peter Childs - finger pjchilds@al.imforei.apana.org.au for PGP public key

     We are FreeBSD, resistance is related to current and voltage...