Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 10:17:02 -0400
From:      "Dongre, Prashant" <ppd2@co.westchester.ny.us>
To:        "'freebsd-database@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-database@freebsd.org>

Hi all,

I am trying to make Oracle run on my FreeBSD box with Linux emulations
installed.
I can see most of the binaries which come in Oracle/bin directory run. But
Oracle install program
'orainst /c' is not working the way it shoud be. I am getting following
error in orainst.

  x  An operating system error occurred while trying to spawn 'sed -e      x

  x  's/^/| Ok: /' < /home/oracle/orainst/holdfile.log
  x  >>/home/oracle/orainst/os.log' while redirecting output to ''. (No
  x  such file or directory.) Would you like to retry the operation,
  x  ignore the error, or allow the error to be processed by the
  x  Installer?
  x   (Help...)    (Shell)                (Cancel)    (Process)   (Retry)

on investing I found that unix.stp a script/c program which calls swap
function may not be returning the status properly.
 Is it possible to install oracle with out using orainst ? OR have anyone
patched Oracle install scripts.

Thanks,
Prashant