Date:      Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:50:13 +0100
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@eurocontrol.fr>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   VAIO 505F vs Toshiba 3015CT

I'm planning to buy either a Sony VAIO 505F or a Toshiba 3010/3015CT (or a
subnotebook with equivalent performances/size/weight, if you have
suggestions please do).

Has anyone opinion about either of these ? I've seen people using the 505G
model in the laptop survey from PAO so I guess the 505F would work. I think
some of the KAME people have VAIO notebooks too.

My questions are pretty basic:

- do I need PAO or is CURRENT enough ?
- does the hibernation feature work (saving mem on disk) ?
- what are the pros/cons of each brand ?
- what are differences between the 3010 and 3015CT (WWW site is not very
  informative) ?
- what are the differences between 505F & 505G (the Sony site is not that
  precise either) ?
- what are the different prices around ?
- can I install without a CD-ROM (by FTP/NFS) ?
- what about Cardbus / PCMCIA support in FreeBSD ?

Sony lists the 505F at around 1700US$ and Toshiba the 3015CT at
1800US$. The Sony 505G seem to be more expensive (why?).

I'm not really interested in having a PII CPU, I think a regular pentium is
enough for me but I want at least 4 GB/64 MB.

Please Cc: me any answers as this address is not subscribed to the
list. Thanks.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- Eurocontrol EEC/TS -=- Ollivier.Robert@eurocontrol.fr
The Postman hits! The Postman hits! You have new mail.