Date:      10 Oct 1999 14:09:58 +0200
From:      Frank Nobis <fn@Radio-do.de>
To:        Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net>, Roger Hardiman <roger@cs.strath.ac.uk>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: WinTV-Theater - Anybody got one?

Hello Roger,
Hello Randall,

Randall Hopper <aa8vb@ipass.net> writes:

> Roger Hardiman:
>  |> Was over at the Hauppauge site today, and noticed the WinTV-Theater card:
>  |> Anybody got one working with FreeBSD?
>  |Frank Nobis <fn@radio-do.de>  in Germany has one.
>  |The european version of the card has these features
>  |Bt878, Philips Tuner. (nothing new there)
>  |A MSP3415 NICAM Stereo decoder chip (which the Bt848 driver supports)
>  |Another chip (was it a DSP35xx ???) which does the dolby decoding.

The chip is a DPL3518A dolby decoder.

>  |You get normal stereo TV without having to initialise the Dolby chip,
>  |so the current Bt848 driver works with the card in Stereo TV mode.
>  |As far as I know, on the back are several line out sockets, one for
>  |normal Left and Right from the TV/FM Radio/NICAM stereo signal.
>  |The others drive your other speaker sets.

Currently I have no working stereo decoding here. The
autodetection with the 3410 doesn't seem to work. Neither the
native driver without my dpl3518 patches not the driver with
patches work in stereo. With my patches it hears like some pseudo
wide stereo mode.

I will bring in my patches today. Please test it. Then Roger can
commit the changes. Maybe Roger should ask his contact at
hauppauge about the wiring of the 3410 and the 3518. It will be a
lot easier to do a correct stereo detection then. As far as I got
the info from the data sheets, the 3518 is like a coproc to the 3410.

Regards,
        Frank
--
~/.signature not found: wellknown error 42