Date:      Sun, 12 Sep 1999 03:15:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      jorgandar blackmoon <jorgandar@yahoo.com>
To:        newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Rmaking freeBSD more pretty :)

 This is a newbie contrast of linux vs. freeBSD:

There are a few neet-o things linux does (well..at least RH 6.0
distro.) that freeBSD dosent and i simply *can't* live without these
features:

1) If you 'ls' under linux, you can configure it to color code
directories vs. files vs. executables ect.  Not only is it really
pretty, it's much easier for me to identify what's what.  How can this
be done under freebsd?

2) If you press shift+ page up [down] under linux you can scroll up and
down the console in case things dont fit on one screen (as they often
do not.).  I CANT live without this feature, i cant get any work done
w/o it.

3) is there gpm (mouse services) for freebsd?

I really want to find a way to emulate the previous features under
freeBSD.  Then and only then will i say good-bye to linux.  Any help on
these issues? thankx :)

~Joe~