Date:      Sun, 8 Aug 1999 17:10:43 +0800 (CST)
From:      ttj@mark.ee.nctu.edu.tw
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   PATH problem

	Hi,
	I have a problem that I can't solve and need some suggestions.
	I am now using 3.0R, and didn't have any invalid seetting in
	/etc files (especially rc,rc.conf,csh.cshrc,csh.login)
	whenever users are logging in, any common command such as ls,
	mv,cp is not found.
	Sure when using set/setenv to show the path, there is the item
	/bin, /usr/bin and so on.
	but using "where" it shows only the command alias if it has, and
	compare to the fault-free system, a "where" command should also
	shows the command location:-
	%where mv
	mv alias to mv -i
	/bin/mv
	/bin/mv
	if there is 2 /bin in the search path
	It seems I have a big trouble that I don't understand how a
	command call was made by the system and I don't know how and
	where to solve this problem, so I reboot the system and it
	just hang there, stopped at the rc and shows dev_mkdb not found
	infinite listing of /dev/ttyxx doesn't exists or whatever.
	Plz be kind lead me anyway!
	Thnx a lot!

	Jau