Date:      Mon, 16 Aug 1999 00:13:43 -0600
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        silent_world@hotmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where can I get a Sparc machine

Brian Wilson wrote:

> I'm interested in trying to help some with the port (and learning how to do
> things in the process), but I would need to pick up an inexpensive Sparc
> based computer.  I'm looking at buying or finding a sun4m machine, like a
> sparcstation 5, but i have no idea where to find one.  I've looked on eBay,
> and that is not exactly the best place to buy something (l00k, great deal
> $500 for Sparc5, then they're just selling the case and a keyboard).  So
> does anyone know where I can acquire one?

www.gstek.com.  Very reputable, great to work with.  Poke around the web,
but call when you want the straight scoop.  If you're looking for any old
SPARC, they have IPXs no memory, no hd for $35.  With some RAM, a 1-Gig HD,
and an AUI to 10Base-T converter you'll be into it maybe $150 if you just
want to use a serial console.  Contact me if you need the pinouts for a
DB9 to IPX cable.

http://softweyr.com/                                           wes@softweyr.com