Date:      Sun, 07 Nov 1999 04:47:03 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Juergen Lock <nox@jelal.kn-bremen.de>
Cc:        Matt Behrens <matt@zigg.com>, zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: easyboot far into disk

Juergen Lock wrote:

>  And if we add a loader command that sets currdev to the first non-floppy
> ufs root found (or could this be done in forth too? :) we could even
> distribute a general emergency-boot-floppy...

The forth part of loader has a serious problem in that it cannot get
data back from any of the non-forth commands. So, for instance, if
we "set" a variable, there is no way for a program to retrieve the
value the variable has been set to.

This and a few other things are in my queue for a long time now, but
since nobody has been complaining about it, I let it be... :-)

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

	What y'all wanna do?
	Wanna be hackers? Code crackers? Slackers
	Wastin' time with all the chatroom yakkers?