Date:      Sun, 9 Jul 2000 00:32:25 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Preston S. Wiley" <pwiley@cadabra.com>
To:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@zippy.osd.bsdi.com>, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>, Narvi <narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee>, Dann Lunsford <dann@greycat.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: No port of Opera? (Was: ((FreeBSD : Linux) :: (OS/2 :  Windows)))

> Er, Jordan, *now* who's advocating being Quixotic? Such an effort
> requires a team, as I can't exactly afford to quit putting food on the
> table in order to do it alone. By arguing against the concept you are
> discouraging people from joining that effort and are thus sabotaging it
> and making it infeasible to undertake. Again, it appears that you are
> trying to undermine my heretofore succesful fforts to promote the BSDs.
> Why?

Sounds to me like he is just disagreeing with you. Nothing wrong with
that. We all have the right to our own opinions, even if it damages your
argument. I wouldn't call having a differing opinion "sabotage." If you
want to find a team of people to work on it, find people who actually
agree with you.

- Preston