Date:      Sun, 30 Jan 2000 12:58:05 -0500 (EST)
From:      Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Postfix

   Has anyone been able to get Postfix working on FreeBSD-Alpha?  It may
appear that something is wrong with unix-domain sockets which postfix
makes heavy use of.  I've been meaning to debug this at some point but
if someone has gotten ahead of me it'd be interesting to hear.

  To repeat:

  Install postfix
  killall sendmail (for good measure :)
  postfix start
  /usr/local/sbin/sendmail -bp   ( to get the mailq stats)

  mailq will hang.

  You can also watch things hang trying to send an email.

  Place postfix in heavy-debug output mode, I was never able to discern
anythign going differently than on my i386 machines.  It may have to be
something with the processes never receiving a connect on their unix
sockets.

  Any ideas?

Thanks,
  Tom