Date:      Mon, 5 Jun 2000 06:10:18 +0900 (JST)
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   regex(3)

I have been examining the regex(3) code for one of my projects, and saw
some room for improvement on it. I'd like to ask:

1) Does anyone have any strong feelings about me hacking it?

2) Can anyone point me to recent regex standards?

Our grep (GNU grep) supports a different syntax than our library. While
that's normal for GNU add-ons, there are some stuff they *don't*
support, or support with a different syntax. It got me wondering...

At the very least, references to grep(1) ought to be removed from
regex(3).

--
Daniel C. Sobral		  (8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

Swipple's Rule of Order:
	He who shouts the loudest has the floor.