Date:      12 Mar 2000 11:50:29 EST
From:      David Bein <bein@world.std.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATAPI CREATIVE CD523x drives .....

Hi ...

  I just spent an evening discovering that a CD523x hooked to the wdc1
controller needs to be setup slightly differently from the usual out of
the box slave jumper mode configuration. I am hoping that somewhere
there could be some  mention about this requirement. I can provide
the different dmesg outputs when it is incorrect and what it
should look like after switching the jumper.

  If someone has an idea of where to put this and wants
details on it, I'll be happy to provide them.

--David

p.s. An alternative is that the probe logic could loosen things
       up a little bit (ala Solaris and W98) and see the original
       configuration.