Date:      Sun, 03 Sep 2000 12:13:37 +0200
From:      Francois E Jaccard <fjaccard@vtx.ch>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>, current@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: DPT SmartRAID V, VI, Adaptec SCSI RAID driver committed

At 01/09/2000 10:30, Mike Smith wrote:

>I've just committed a driver for the abovementioned RAID adapter families
>provided by DPT/Adaptec and the long-suffering Mark Salyzyn.  The driver
>will be maintained by Adaptec, with a little help from yours truly if
>really necessary.
>
>With any luck, we should see the complete set of management tools
>available from Adaptec shortly to complement this driver, and I'll be
>backporting to -stable once I'm certain I haven't broken anything with
>this commit, since the driver's already had a long shakedown period.
>
>Thanks to Adaptec, Mark Salyzyn and Justin Gibbs for again being the right
>person in the right place at the right time.
>
>--
>... every activity meets with opposition, everyone who acts has his
>rivals and unfortunately opponents also.  But not because people want
>to be opponents, rather because the tasks and relationships force
>people to take different points of view.  [Dr. Fritz Todt]

Hi,
Is a certain firmware revision needed?
I installed my SmartRAID V Millennium and it is not detected.
I have:
unknown: <PNP0401> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0501> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0f13> can't assign resources
unknown: <PNP0303> can't assign resources

I have a world/kernel made this morning (09/03)

I will try to update my firmware to the latest (1.2H). I have 1.2A
Thanks!
--
Francois Jaccard
Public Key: http://keys.pgp.com:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x11CA35A6