Date:      Mon, 31 Jul 2000 20:49:13 +0200
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@panke.de.freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   [dgilbert@velocet.ca: Mirroring in Canada]

----- Forwarded message from David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca> -----

From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@velocet.ca>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 11:42:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: wosch@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Mirroring.

We're a FreeBSD powered ISP (roughly speaking) up in Canada with
decent peering and a large number of DSL customers.  Now... we're
about to build a 1TB software RAID server with FreeBSD, we'd like to
start hosting a full mirror.  I'd like to know your policies (I think
I have a reasonable idea of how to set things up).

The cvsup load from ourselves alone should be considerably less if we
were hitting our own server :).

I was intending to give unlimted access to all peering ISPs (this is
free traffic for me) and limit the outgoing main link bandwidth to
about 2 to 4 Mb for now.  We peer with most people here is Southern
Ontario (esp. Toronto).

Dave.

|David Gilbert, Velocet Communications.       | Two things can only be     |
|Mail:       dgilbert@velocet.net             |  equal if and only if they |
|http://www.velocet.net/~dgilbert             |   are precisely opposite.  |

----- End forwarded message -----

--