Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 12:20:53 +0200
From:      Shaun Jurrens <shaun@shamz.net>
To:        "Oleg Y. Ivanov" <oleg_y_ivanov@mailru.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connections via natd dying in natd

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 12:22:53AM +0400, Oleg Y. Ivanov wrote:
#> Hey , I also have this problem =8-(((
#> In my case this message usually appears when ipfw is used in stateful mode &
#> rule with "keep-state" addendum expires.Packet written by natd hits default
#> (or any other ;) "deny" rule.
#> Is this scenario enough realistic ?

	More or less the behavior I am experiencing, yes.  Sorry about the
	slow response.

#> >>Shaun Jurrens writes:
#> >> I have been struggling with this problem for a number of months,
#> actually.  I
#> >> had it using 3-STABLE boxes and now with one 4-STABLE through the
#> 3(.5)-STABLE
#> >> natd gateway, the same problem occurs.  The problem: connections via natd
#> >> suddenly drop and similtaneously, I get errors on the console for the
#> gateway
#> >> box that natd has "failed to write the packet back (Permission denied)".
#> This
#> >> is almost exclusively with ssh connections (mostly because they are the
#> most
#> >> constant long time connections I have to notice this behavior)

Yours truly,

Shaun D. Jurrens
shaun@shamz.net
shamz@freenix.no

IRCNET nick: shamz #chillout #unix #FreeBSD