Date:      Sun, 14 May 2000 15:54:07 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Ewout Kramer' <ewout@di.nl>, freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Socket read problem in 1.2.2?

> Unfortunately, the same Tomcat setup that works under 1.1.8
> does not work under 1.2.2, giving the following exception:
>
> HANDLER THREAD PROBLEM: java.net.SocketException: Resource
> temporarily unavailable: Resource temporarily unavailable

As Greg says, this is a socket bug in the current JDK port. I have included
a description of this problem on my web site:

  http://web.inter.nl.net/users/kjkoster/java/index.html

Click on the heading "java.net.SocketException: Resource temporarily
unavailable" in the left bar. This will show you how to reproduce the
problem with a very simple echo server, as well as a workaround that limits
the solution space considerably.

The code was provided by Taso Lyristis. Thanks Taso.

> Hope I'm not bothering you too much!

On the contrary. We need all the problem reports we can get. You are very
helpful.

    Kees Jan